Let's get down to brass tacks.
Senior Art Director
Lead the UI, UX, and art direction for the Skill games studio at GSN Games. Responsible for UI, UX, art, animation, and audio across a bicoastal team in Boston and San Francisco, as well as outsourced resources.
Director, Creative Services
GSN Games, Waltham, MA - Lead team of graphic designers, interactions designers, game artists and copywriters
- Responsible for managing flow of marketing and ad sales requests for all of gsn.com properties
- Lead interaction design initiatives for gsn.com
- Art direction for GSN Cash Games production
TripAdvisor.com, Newton, MA — Designer working on core property websites at TripAdvisor
- Worked with two other core designers on homepage and hotel listing redesign
- Redesigned hotel and things to do pages
- Created new social activity feed and other Facebook integrations.
WorldWinner.com & GSN.com, Newton, MA — Lead design team and manage visual design of all online initiatives.
- Manage design team and contractors
- Organize user experience & competitive analysis testing
- Manage analytics accounts and implementation
- Establish and maintain branding for website and games
- Work with partners and licenses such as Sony, Fremantle, Hasbro, and PopCap, to create cash game versions of their products
- Design and implement Facebook cash game applications
Senior Graphic and UI Designer
WorldWinner.com, Newton, MA — Design WorldWinner web pages, games, emails and all marketing materials.
- Manage design team and resources
- Organized user experience & competitive analysis testing
- Lead designer in producing user interfaces for games
- Changes to user-flow have increased registration conversions over 50% and cash player conversion over 25%
- Developed email templates to match partner designs that increased open and click through rates 2.4% and 25.5% respectively
- Site redesign increased cash player conversion revenue over 10%
Director of Web Development
Komikwerks.com, Boston, MA — Manage and develop Komikwerks.com website, advertising, and online materials.
- General Site Maintenance
- Maintenance of comics properties
- Maintenance of subscription services
- Create Flash or other Rich Media ads
- Recommendations on software upgrades, new technology, new features, and other enhancements for the website
Terra Lycos, Waltham, MA — Design websites, sub-sections and online compaigns for Terra Lycos properties.
- Redesigned and art directed Gamesville.com to target a female audience
- Lead designer producing online Java and Flash games for Gamesville.com
- Converted Gamesville.com to W3C standard compliant XHTML/CSS, reducing page weight and improving Keynote loading time
- Developed traffic drivers to promote Lycos brands and increase network traffic
- Designed and developed various pages for Lycos properties such as Sports, Music,
- Entertainment, and Matchmaker.com
Lycos Gamesville, Watertown, MA — Created online documents, promotional materials, and managed sub-sections of the Gamesville.com website.
- Assisted production team in the creation of online games
- Managed standings and results for weekly prize games
- Performed QA across several platforms and browsers; and created ancillary game materials such as help files and log in pages
- Processed winners pictures using Photoshop and posted to the website
Ongoing assignments for independent clients like Openbay and Bostinno, which include UI direction/design/development, consulting, and online advertising initiatives.
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously on tight deadlines
- An innovative and effective problem-solver
- Ability to communicate with people at various levels of business and management
- Solid computer and software knowledge
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Flash
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Macintosh and PC expertise
- Audio and Video production
M.A., Media Arts - December 1999
Emerson College, Boston, MA. GPA: 3.75 of 4. Concentrations: video, audio, and new media production.
B.A., English, Minor: Theatre - May 1997
Nazareth College of Rochester, Rochester, NY. GPA: 3.2 of 4. Course work included technical writing, information design, computer graphics, and building web pages.